Esto Perpetua (Latin: Let it be forever)

Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Common Craving

By far the most common craving of pregnant women is not to be pregnant. ~Phyllis Diller

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone


So Here it is: We're having a baby :) It's weird. I know of a lot of other people who are also pregnant right now. I just can't believe it's me now. The secret is that we've been trying for a year and a half and it's not happened. This time I wasn't expecting to get a positive test either but for some reason God's decided that this is our time to start our little family :) As far as it goes, there were a few reasons to suspect that I was possibly pregnant but I still didn't believe it. So far it's been good, the morning sickness is a doozy. Completely horrible and gross, I'm hoping to find out how far along I am and that it will be over soon :) So that's all I got for ya'll right now. My appointment is on August 30 and I have an ultra sound scheduled for Sept. 3. Ok, gotta run to work!

A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS, AMBER!!!!!! I can't believe it. I am soooo happy for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! YOu will have to make sure you keep us updated on how everything is going and please post pics as you start to show. I wish I could hug you right now! Oh well here is my long distance hug ((())))!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on FB....SO excited for you!!You will love being a mom it is the greatest thing.I am sure the trying for 1.5 years was hard but time alone with your hubby will be very rare in about 8 months,and you will miss all the time you used to have to Try;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Amber and Dallas! The day you sent me the FIRST text with the positive test I had just about gotten myself under control after packing away all of Jakey's baby things and the Lord knew I needed to reopen the excitement of being a Nana. I'm so thankful Jake will have a cousin from you and that Shauna will be an Aunt. Thanks to our family size we should have many more little blessings to look forward to. I sure hope so. I know you and Dallas will be wonderful parents. You both love the Lord and will definitely love this sweet, precious baby growing in your womb. How exciting!!! It just seems so miraculous that another of my babies is having a baby. You'd think I never had one...Love you ALL, M♥M

    ReplyDelete