Esto Perpetua (Latin: Let it be forever)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One Of The Most Beautiful Miracles In Life

A baby girl...one of the most beautiful miracles in life, one of the greatest joys we can ever know, and one of the reasons why there is a little extra sunshine, laughter and happiness in your world today.
-- Author Unknown

A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds.
-- Barbara Cage


The mystery is solved, we're having a little girl :) I can't explain why but I have such a warm feeling thinking about having a little girl. I would have loved having a boy as well, but, I've always seen myself as starting the family with a girl first. Even though my older sister and I always wanted a big brother until we realized since we already existed a big brother was impossible, therefore we decided the rest of our siblings should be girls. We got our wish too! (Sorry Dad!) Once again when we got in the room for the ultra sound we were so nervous and excited, the anticipation was killing us because we had to wait all day to find out. When we entered the room and I lay on the table, the technician asked if we had any preferences either way, and we could honestly say no. I'd been afraid that Baby would have the legs crossed and keep the gender a secret. Sure enough she did! So, the lady took measurements of all the things she needed to and all of a sudden Baby started kicking and punching :) And then the big reveal, She's a Girl! I was so thrilled and kind of shocked, I'd begun to adjust to the thought of having a boy, still terrified of the dangers that boys get into but, adjusting none the less. Dallas got this huge smile on his face and he said "Wow" that's it :) Wow. Ha ha, he was so happy because all along he's referred to the baby as "she" and "her". I think he's also a little nervous because like me and a boy, he doesn't have any experience with girls. He loves little girls, he thinks they're so sweet and innocent. He's always loved my little sisters too, he just thinks Abi can do no wrong :) I tell him stories that I remember of my little sisters and my Dad, how every night before bed time they'd climb into his lap and fall asleep cuddled against his chest. I can't wait to see him as a dad, he's so sweet and loving, he thinks he can be Mr. Stern but he already says "My girls" and puts his hand on m tummy even though I'm not really showing too much and we can't feel her kick yet. He's so in love with the little girl inside that I can already see I'm going to be in trouble when she's on the outside :) He talks about how kids need to cry it out to learn to sleep through the night and while I know eventually that point comes, I also know he will be saying "Please can we get her!? She's so sad!!" He can't handle Cotton crying in his kennel so imagine him trying to deny his little baby girl when she is crying at night :) Right, like that's gonna happen. I'm excited as well because now we can plan on definitely setting up the nursery a certain way. I can't wait this will make my MS worth it, but, my wallet is already feeling the squeeze for all the stuff we need just to get the bedroom set up not to mention all the other things that babies require for everything else. So, I'm going to be done for now, I'll keep ya'll updated as the nursery comes along :)


She will fill our lives with sunshine... And our hearts with love.
-- Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. O.k., when are the belly pics gonna start? I'm sure you'll be starting to show soon, and you'd better not be like some friend of ours that wouldn't show pregnancy pictures!!! Do you realize you're almost halfway there already??? I am sure though that Charlotte is much cuter than the baby on your week by week counter ;)

    ReplyDelete